Monday, December 12, 2011

My new blog

Well, it's official. I've been named Assistant Managing Editor for Disruption of Journal Register Company's Connecticut newsrooms.

How can I possibly outlive a title like that? For starters, I figured I needed a more professional blog than the one where I complain about trivial things (that I stopped updating) and the one where I upload downloadable mp3s of awesome bands to rave about trivial things (that I stopped updating).

I have a great fascination and respect for how digital media has affected disrupted the business of traditional media -- particularly the news biz and music biz. Here, I will be writing, reporting, testing and theorizing about all that noise, and what instruments we need or can use to make lasting music of it.

And certainly, I plan to write and open up about the disruptions and innovations we're working on in Journal Register Connecticut. Hope you follow along, and join in the conversations I plan on having here.

No comments:

Post a Comment